It’s confirmed, THE international marketplace for digital creativity is coming back for a 7th edition from October 16 to 18, 2023!
With the renewed collaboration of its partners Panasonic, the National Bank and Investissement Québec International, as well as its official carrier Air Canada, HUB Montreal will pursue its intention to showcase our creative companies through a rich and diversified program. The industry will gather at OASIS Immersion and beyond in the Palais des Congrès as well as in various emblematic venues of digital Montreal, in order to exchange, network and discover the latest trends in digital creativity in the presence of professionals from around the world.
HUB Montréal 2023, a total immersion in the industry’s biggest trends
In order to increase networking opportunities and exchange on current trends and issues in the digital creativity industry, this 7th edition will feature a new format:
- International conferences: inspiring personalities of the creative industry share their insights on recent innovations, trends and social challenges with the participants.
- Partners conferences: speeches by leader compagnies of the sector to present their last innovations, technologies, projects and successful collaborations.
- Panels: each year, HUB Montreal launches a call for projects in order to recruit diversified companies with avant-garde projects to present. Compagnies are then selected to present their project on stage and to participate in a thematic panel conversation. This is an occasion for them to value their expertise and success.
- Speed-meetings: 20-minute sessions are organised by HUB every day at lunch to connect qualified buyers with creative companies. The program is designed by our concierge service according to the strategic interests and wish list compagnies shared with us prior to the event. This allows them to have open conversations and to develop new business relationships.
- Free B2B: alongside speed-meetings sessions, participants have the possibility to discuss in a more flexible context in a dedicated networking space.
- (HUB)mazing tour: our (HUB)mazing Tour allows participants to experiment the best of Montreal creativity by visiting emblematic venues of the city.
- Workshops & Roundtabless (NEW): this new initiative will allow participants to share their expertise and most recent innovations, their knowledge of other related industries, and to question the industry`s social impact.
- Demo space: since 2022, participants have the possibility to showcase works and installations in a dedicated area, which allow them to demonstrate their experstise in a more concrete way.
- 5@7: every day ends with a casual networking event in a convivial context.
To launch this new series of activities, we are excited to announce our first two joint workshops with our two new collaborators: Colombia University School of the Arts Digital Storytelling Lab and the Société du parc Jean-Drapeau.
Following up on New York “HUB on the Road” mission organized by HUB Montreal as part of the Colombia Universities Digital Lab, the DIGITAL DOZEN, honoring the best in storytelling, this roundtable will address the various aspects of storytelling in the digital creative industry. Local and international participants will reflect on the role, importance and future of storytelling through examples of innovative projects.
In light of its major transformation project, parc Jean-Drapeau and HUB Montreal have partnered to develop a workshop bringing together Montreal creative companies and some international guests to discuss digital creativity in public spaces.
We look forward to seeing you next October!